Tuesday



at long last, this page is ready for posting. while it's not intended to be misleading, "this wilderness" truly represents my life. besides adoring the beauty and ruggedness of wilderness, I love the challenge of it and have come to see life as a similar state of affairs. not to mention that I've been studying philosophy for the last three years...that will have quite the influence on the way one thinks! so welcome to my thoughts: I intend to use this page to share with you where life is leading and what is on my mind. I hope you are strengthened by it.

transition: the last ten or so months have been full of transition. Last summer I guided for a paddle sports company for whom I ran sea kayaking, whitewater rafting and canoe trips. It was immensely challenging and I came away having learned much. Then in the fall I went back to finish up at Taylor University, where I lived with a family who is very dear to me and spent much time just enjoying all that I was learning. In December I finished at TU and moved back to East Troy. Since then I have taken a job at a bank, which is terrible only because I swore I would never take a job in which I had to sit in a cubicle all day long, and that's what I do. But it's temporary, my co-workers are pleasant and I always learn something new every day. my saving grace is that I spend a good bit of time each week preparing to co-lead the wilderness program at my home camp this summer. hurrah!


through all of this I've been loved, encouraged, and challenged by my dear boyfriend Mike. He's certainly a best friend: I wouldn't be who I am if he were not a part of my life, and he's become so near and dear to me over the last few years I can't imagine him not being there. We have great fun together, not the least of which is guiding wilderness adventure trips! He joined my parents and I on a backpacking trip this summer--that was a blast, up on Isle Royale National Park. We're looking forward to another fantastic summer of guiding.


I've found myself with more time to read since finishing school, reading other than textbooks, I should say. I'm in the thick of Donald Miller's ˆBlue Like Jazzˆright now, and I find myself mulling on nearly every thought. the best one I came across today was this: I am not above receiving the grace of God. if I pass up his grace, I am not so noble as I think, but rather am prideful. So says Donald Miller. Its a book anyone could read and relate to in some way, but it takes a measure of discernment too.

goodnight, for now, my friends

No comments: